ExamOne Response to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
For office closings, please check this page.
COVID-19 (formally known as 2019-nCoV) is the name for the respiratory syndrome caused by infection with severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2).
Quest Diagnostics and ExamOne are monitoring the situation closely. Our priority is the health and safety of our employees, individuals and the communities we serve. We are currently following the Santé Canada guidelines for the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
Our collection network completes life insurance examinations, handling every specimen with standard biohazard safety precautions.
Important Information for Insurers
Safety is a top priority for ExamOne. We have rigorous procedures to protect individuals, consumers, and our employees. Mask wearing is recommended and may be required by local/ provincial mandates in healthcare settings. Our health professionals adhere to safety protocols to help ensure a comfortable, convenient, and safe experience for everyone.
Q: What have you communicated to your examiners regarding safety precautions?
A: We have proactively communicated to all our employees, including examiners, to take necessary precautions to help protect themselves from COVID-19: Tips include:
- Washing hands with soap and water, and often
- Cover your mouth when sneezing or coughing
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
Q: What are examiners required to wear during appointments?
A: The safety of our employees and applicants is a priority. All examiners performing life insurance exams are required to use the following for life insurance exams:
- Examiners are required to wear gloves.
- Examiners are required to wear long sleeves, long pants (or scrubs), and closed-toe shoes.
- Examiners and/or individuals may choose to wear a mask during the appointment. Masks may be required at times by local provincial authorities.