ExamOne Response to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
For office closings impacted by COVID-19, please check this page.
COVID-19 (formally known as 2019-nCoV) is the name for the respiratory syndrome caused by infection with severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2).
Quest Diagnostics and ExamOne are monitoring the situation closely. Our priority is the health and safety of our employees, individuals and the communities we serve. We are currently following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines for the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
Important Information for Insurers
We have rigorous safety procedures in place across our company to protect Quest and ExamOne employees on the front line from coming in contact with a wide range of infectious diseases.
Our collection network will proceed with life insurance examinations, using the same protocol as they do today which is handling every specimen with standard biohazard safety precautions as well as follow additional precautions as outlined below.
- ExamOne does not currently collect or transport specimens from persons under investigation for COVID-19 or with confirmed COVID-19 at our Patient Service Centers or mobile phlebotomy collection network.
- We have modified our scheduling, reminder and appointment confirmation scripts to include the following questions:
- In the last 14 days have you exhibited signs of fever or respiratory distress, or had close contact with someone who has
- In the last 14 days have you traveled to any Restricted Travel Area or taken a cruise, or had close contact with an individual who has?
- You can find a list of restricted travel locations here: https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices
- If a consumer answers yes to either question, he or she is directed to delay scheduling the appointment for 14 days from diagnosis, contact or date of travel, and advised to contact their insurance company.
- We are still transporting specimens across the U.S. and Canada border.
- The CDC provides information on COVID-19 at: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov.
- This is a changing situation and we will provide updates as our plans develop.
- Additional information regarding Quest Diagnostics response to COVID-19 can be found at: https://www.questdiagnostics.com/home/Covid-19/